Gladstone Women's Health Centre membership is free and open to women who genuinely want to enhance women's health and wellbeing across the Gladstone Region and Banana Shire areas of Central Queensland.
Gladstone Women’s Health is overseen by a committee and membership applications are accepted from women of the Gladstone Region and Biloela area.
The committee is governed by a set of rules, which can be provided upon request. The classes of membership are:
- Ordinary Members: These members have full voting rights. They must be a woman or an organisation committed to maintaining the objects and goals of the Gladstone Women’s Health Centre. Ordinary Members can nominate for volunteer Management Committee roles, which require a monthly commitment of five hours per month plus attendance at each monthly meeting. Management Committee members must be eligible to apply and hold a Working With Children Blue Card and Director Identification.
- Associate Members: These members do not have the right to receive notice of general meetings or to vote at general meetings nor can they participate in the management and/or financial affairs of the association. This membership is typically employees of the association.
- Lifetime Members: After 10 consecutive years of Ordinary Membership, an Ordinary Member automatically becomes a lifetime member and is no longer required to renew their membership. A Lifetime Member certificate is awarded to those who achieve their 10 years of continuous service as recognition of their contribution and change in status.
All Members of Gladstone Women’s Health Centre must be a woman of 18 years or older, or an organisation with objectives and vales that align with those of Gladstone Women’s Health Centre.
Membership Application Process
To become a member of the GWHC, please follow the below process:
- Download a Membership Application Pack (link)
- Read Application Pack information
- Complete the Application Form