Inspiring Women’s Awards
“To be inspired is great, to inspire is incredible”
The Gladstone Womenâ€™s Health Centreâ€™s Inaugural â€˜Inspiring Womenâ€™s Awardâ€™ is aimed at women who have faced adversity in their life and have continued to motivate, support, inspire and advocate for other women within the Gladstone region.
These â€œUnsung Heroesâ€ represent women who have faced significant setbacks, challenges or obstacles in life and deserve to be recognised for their continued efforts for empowering women.
This Award ceremony is an opportunity to publicly recognise and honour inspirational women within Gladstone region.
Choose from the below categories and nominate an inspiring woman in your life!
The Gladstone Womenâ€™s Health Centreâ€™s Inaugural â€˜Inspiring Womenâ€™s Awardâ€™ will recognise and celebrate local women from within the Gladstone region who support, inspire and advocate for women.
Inspiring Young Woman of the Year
Young women between the ages of 15 to 25 are encouraged to nominate for this fantastic award.
Inspiring Woman of the Year
Women over the age of 25 are encouraged to nominate for this fabulous award.
Heroic Woman of the Year
This award is a special category that recognises the phenomenal achievements of a particular woman who, for various personal reasons, is unable to identify herself due to safety or legal reasons. These reasons may include legalities surrounding domestic violence, sexual assault or cultural sensitives.
The closing date for nominations is Monday 25th April 2016 at 5.00pm.
The Inspiring Womenâ€™s Awards will be administered according to the following guidelines:
- Nominators and nominees must comply with these guidelines, as these guidelines will be deemed to have been read and understood as requirements to participate in the awards nomination process. Award nominations can be made by individuals who are:
- Residents of Gladstone Region.
- 15-years-of-age or older (parental consent required if under 18 years of age).
- Nominations (including all supporting material) become the property of the Gladstone Womenâ€™s Health Centre and will not be returned.
- Nominations that are incomplete or do not comply with these guidelines may be disqualified. Gladstone Womenâ€™s Health Centre takes no responsibility for incomplete, inaccurate, lost or late nominations.
- Nominees must meet the eligibility criteria outlined in this nomination package.
- Nominations cannot be submitted without the permission of the nominee.
- Individuals cannot be nominated in more than one award category. If more than one nomination is submitted for the same nominee in different categories, only the first nomination received will be considered.
- By signing the nomination form, each nominator and nominee:
â€“Â Â Agrees to abide by the guidelines that govern the Inspiring Womenâ€™s Awards;
â€“ Consents to having their photograph taken for awards-related publicity purposes;
â€“ Consents to the use of their name, community, photograph and nomination material in any awards-related publicity carried out by Gladstone Womenâ€™s Health Centre.
â€“ Consents to the release of their name to media.
â€“ Consents to participating in award-related activities and functions, including the awards ceremony breakfast on Friday 6th May 2016, in the event that they are selected as one of the award recipients.
â€“ Above points in Guideline 7.2 â€“ 7.5 is not applicable to the Inspiring Heroic Woman of the Year Category. Identities will be protected from the public.
- Nominations will be considered by the Selection Committee.
- We thank all participants for their interest; however, only successful nominators and nominees will be contacted regarding award results.
- Staff and Management Committee members (and their immediate family members) are exempt from becoming nominees.
- Winners prizes will not be exchanged or refunded for monetary value.
â€“ The Judgesâ€™ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
â€“ The Judges reserve the right to check information contained in the nomination.
â€“ Judges reserve the right to re-categorise nominations as they deem appropriate.
- The winner of each category will receive commemorative award.
- Nominees for the Inspiring Young Women Award must be aged between 15-25, by 6th May 2016.
- The benefiting charity of the Inspiring Women Awards will be Gladstone Womenâ€™s Health Centre.
- Finalists must be available to attend the breakfast on 6th May 2016 in Gladstone (with exception of the Inspiring Heroic Woman on the Year finalists).
- Each finalist will receive complimentary ticket to attend the Awards breakfast.
- The organisers reserve the right to retain entries, photographs & film from the Inspiring Women Awards Breakfast for subsequent publication or exhibition in relation to Inspiring Women Awards and its publications.
- Award winners will be announced at The Inspiring Women Awards Breakfast to be held on 6th May, 2016 (with exception of the Inspiring Heroic Woman on the Year finalists, real names will the withheld to protect identities).
What can I do to
Recognising that women lead busy lives we appreciate any and all time women are willing to give to the centre. We are a friendly and dedicated group and encourage all women to contact us. Donâ€™t feel like you need to have a specific skill, we would love to chat about your interests and how we can match them to our needs.
Please phone 4979 1456 for more information.